In The News
Upshur County, WV is such a great place to visit and live. Through our heritage, memorable fairs & festivals, beautiful attractions and unique culture, we receive a lot of recognition. See some of our most notable stories & reviews through the articles and links, below!
A Great Place to Live & Shop!
- Whimsical Treasures is a specialty shop located on Main Street & supports local artists!
View native wildlife at the WV Wildlife Center - WV's Zoo
- The WV Wildlife Center has been named in the top '51 Great Places to See Wildlife by the USA Today! http://travel.usatoday.com/destinations/story/2011/07/51-great-places-to-see-wildlife/49702682/1
- Get a glimpse into the WV Wildlife Center during the Winter season: http://wvgazette.com/News/201201050170
- Watch this video to see some of the animals at the Wildlife Center! http://www.wchstv.com/newsroom/wvwildlife/2012/ww120523.shtml
Travel Channel: Bizarre Foods with Andrew Zimmern
- Upshur County locals Glen, JoAnne and Dale Hawkins share their West Virginia heritage, culture and cooking with Andrew Zimmern. Click the link for a slideshow! http://www.travelchannel.com/tv-shows/bizarre-foods/photos/bizarre-foods-america-west-virginia-pictures
Food in Upshur County, WV is unique, fresh and a true experience!
- Chef Dale Hawkins has inspired many to seek out fresh, local produce. http://wvgazette.com/Life/FoodandDining/201204270179
- Even Hot Dogs in WV can be turn into a weekend trip! http://wvhotdogblog.blogspot.com/2007/06/buckhannon-hdj-review-dairy-queen.html
- Try New Appalachian Cuisine in West Virginia! http://www.oxfordamerican.org/articles/2012/nov/12/essay-new-appalachian-cuisine/
- The Donut Shop of Buckhannon is a MUST when visiting Upshur County! Be sure to try a fresh pepperoni roll, donut & cup of coffee. Click HERE for a great article about the Donut Shop!
Congrats to the Buckhannon Microtel for winning Trip Advisor's Travellers' Choice in the 'Budget Friendly' category!